Packed with essential nutrients, cauliflower (cabbage flower) is one of familiar vegetables. Its compact flower heads hold numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as vitamins, indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent overweight, diabetes and offer protection from prostate, ovarian, and cervical cancers.
Cauliflower Health Benefits :
1. Fight Cancer
2. Boost Heart Health
3. It’s Anti-Inflammatory
4. It’s Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
5. Boost Your Brain Health
6. Digestive Benefits
7. Antioxidants and Phytonutrients Galore
Nutritional in Cauliflower :
1. Energy 25 Kcal
2. Protein 1.92 g
3. Fat 0.28 g
4. Vitamin A 0 IU
5. Vitamin C 48.2 mg
6. Calcium 22 mg
Preparation and serving methods :
1. Cauliflower mixes well with vegetables, lentils and meat.
2. Its florets are added in pasta bake, casseroles and to make curry/soup.
3. It is also widely used in pickling.
4. Aloo-gobi (potato-cauliflower) is a very popular dish in south Asian countries, especially in India, Pakistan and Nepal. Gobi-manchurian is another Indian-chinese snack in which fried florets mixed with Chinese’s style sauces in a mouthwatering recipe.