Star fruit, also known as carambola, is a star shaped tropical fruit with sweet and sour flavor. Carambola is native to Malayan peninsula and cultivated in many parts of Southeast Asia, Pacific islands and China for its fruits. Although abundant and plentiful, carambola is yet to gain popularity, especially in the western world.
Starfruit Health Benefits :
1. help an individual lose weight
2. support the digestive system
3. Starfruit may not spike your blood sugar compared to other foods.
4. maintain a healthy blood pressure.
5. help individuals fight infections.
6. Starfruit is great for keeping your hair vibrant and healthy looking.
7. Starfruit can help individuals sleep better.
8. Anti-Cancer Fruit.
Nutritional in Starfruit :
1. Energy 31 Kcal
2. Protein 1.04 g
3. Fat 0.33 g
4. Vitamin A 61 IU
5. Vitamin C 34.4 mg
Preparation and Serving tips :
1. Only sweet variety carambola can be eaten fresh, or mixed with other fruits in salads. Fresh fruit can also be juiced and used in cocktails with other complementing tropical fruit juices.
2. Sour type fruits are favored in cooking as they impart unique tart flavor to poultry, meat, and seafood dishes.
3. Cut sections of fresh fruit added in stews, curries, and stir-fries with chicken, and fish and shrimp.
4. The fruit can be used to make sauce, pickle, chutney, tarts, and jam.
For Starfruit details in Hindi check here –Starfruit In hindi