Sweet and tangy, tamarind is one of the widely used spice-condiments found in every South-Asian kitchen!
Tamarind Health Benefits :
1. Lightens Your Skin
2. Natural Remedy For Cellulite
3. Natural Anti-aging Agent
4. This fruit is essential for healthy muscle function beneficial for good health
5. Eye drops, stomach worms, sore throat
6. Blood purification
Nutritional In Tamarind :
1. Energy 239 Kcal
2. Protein 2.80 g
3. Fat 0.60 g
4. Vitamin A 30 IU
5. Vitamin C 3.5 mg
6. Calcium 74 mg
Culinary uses :
1. Tamarind is a common ingredient all over India and South-East Asia in curries, “rasam”, chutneys, as well as in vegetable and lentil recipes.
2. The pulp is also favored in “hot and sour” soups as well in marinades.
3. The juice made of tamarind pulp with addition of dates, sugar, honey, cardamom, cloves, and coriander seeds are a refreshing drink marketed in different parts of the world.
4. Its pulp is also used in confectionaries as solidifying agent.
For Tamarind details in Hindi check here – Tamarind In hindi