Feminism Definition- 1. Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes.
2. Organized activity on behalf of women’s rights and interests.
3. Movements for the equality of women in every aspect of life like profession, salary, right to vote, power, opportunities in all fields etc to men.
Examples of Feminism- 1. The aim of feminism is the equality of women to men.
2. The governments should be serious about the feminism for the development of nation.
3. Clearly, something other than feminism and the sexual revolution must be at play.
4. For liberal feminism, censorship in one area cannot be separated from censorship in another.
5. As a man who is committed to social justice, I have always been a supporter of feminism etc.
Synonyms of Feminism- women’s liberation, female emancipation, women’s rights, womanism, etc.
Antonyms- misogynist, women hater, anti-feminist etc.
Origin- The word feminism is derived from the French word Feminisme in1837.
Related Forms- feminist(noun, adjective), antifeminism( noun), profeminism( noun) etc.