Honcho is the leader or person in-charge of a group of people. He exercises control over the workers.
It can be classified as HAN – corps or squad or organisation and CHO- Head or chief
Examples of the word Honcho
1. The Hollywood honchos are representing their best in latest movies.
2. The corrupted people and their head honchos are in trouble because of Narender Modi.
3. The only way we will be able to get universal health care is to convince the corporate honchos and physicians groups to support it.
4. Much sleep was lost by many high-powered industry honchos over figuring out what such people would watch and what they would buy.
5. Narender Modi is going to become the head honcho of the world.
Synonyms of Honcho
Chief, leader, boss, principal, a leader or person in-charge , Bigfoot, biggie, bigwig, fat cat, heavy hitter, high-muck-a-muck (or high-muckety-muck), big shot, kahuna, kingfish, kingpin, major league,heavyweight , nabob, nawab, nibs, nob [chiefly British], pooh-bah (also poo-bah) etc.
Antonyms of Honcho
Lightweight, nobody, nonentity, nothing, shrimp, servant , twerp, whippersnapper, zero, zilch , smallie etc.
ORIGIN – the word honcho originates from the Japanese word HANCHO means the leader of the group or squad and firstly taken from collins English dictionary.
PLURAL – honchos
WORD FORMS – ‘honchoed or ‘honchoing
EXAMPLES of honchoed and honchoing – 1. what else could be expected from a review honchoed by the the federation.
2. After praising him, the President last week removed him from honchoing the hurricane relief operation.
PHRASE related – Head honcho
1. A former college football star and aspiring wrestler telephones home after a successful meeting with the head honchos at the World Wrestling Federation.
2. What do all of these people – the Baseball owners, the music-industry honchos, the airline kings, the President, Professors and the head of film industry have in common?
3. Bombard the head honchos with loads of work.
4. The telecommunications honchos had no trouble getting access to the highest level of cricket board officials because they knew the secret password.
5. You’ll have no choice but to communicate and interact with co-workers, customers and head honchos.
6. About 300 industry honchos will participate in the meeting from India.
7. Here’s what the military honchos are saying now about the world war in the country.
8. I could also imagine that some recommendations for future action might be only hinted at in the report and then delivered in person to the top honchos.
9. The coalition now includes some of the country’s heaviest financial hitters, pension fund managers and mutual fund honchos that control a million of assets.
10. We caught up with six head honchos, from Hollywood and asked them about the devices they can’t live without.
11. But the company top honchos are preparing to take the legal plunge.
12. Political honchos expect an upbeat and optimistic speech from President at the opening of Parliament in Cape Town this morning.
13. As the project leader and principal investigator, it was one of my responsibilities to honcho the selection of a name.