Noel Definition- 1. The word noel may be defined as the christmas song firstly sang on the occasion of birth of baby jesus.
2. Christmas carol (song) with a shout of joy.
3. Another name for Christmas (25th December ).
Examples- 1. The first noel was to certain poor shepherd.
2. Yana wished me a joyous Noel.
3. She had sung the great Noel with her father.
4. The only world for Gaurav beyond Noel ‘s Cove was the world of his dreams.
5. The rest is not interesting, which means you have to listen to “The First Noel " and “The Christmas Song" a lot more than you might like. etc.
Synonyms of Word Noel – Christmas song, Yuletide, Canzonet, Madrigal, Canticle, Ballad, Chorus, Ditty, Song etc.
Antonyms- song of sorrow, saddness etc.
Origin- The word noel come from the Old French nael and is derived from the Latin natalis, meaning “birth" in early 15th centuary.
Derived forms- noel(noun), noels(plural).