Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Definition: This tense is used for actions which was started in past and still continue in present or just finished now in present time.
Tense Structure: Has/have + been + Verb first form+ing
Definition in Hindi For Indian Users:
पहचान: इन वाक्यों के अंत में रहा है /रही है /रहे हैं /रहा हूँ /रहे हों (इतने समय से) आता है।
राम 2 घंटे से खेल रहा है।
वे सुबह से खेल रहे हैं।
सीता कल से पढ़ रही है।
1. Actions that started in the past and continue in the present.
1. Ram has been waiting for you all day.
2. I’ve been working on this task since 6 o’clock this morning.
3. We have been traveling since last December.
2. Actions that started in past and have just finished in present time.
1. Like food is on the table and someone says (She has been cooking since last night). Because food is on the table it means the task is finished in present time.
3. We can use this tense without duration (like since morning, 2 weeks, 3 hours etc). In this case we will use recently or lately word to show that we are talking about the time that passed recently (means past).
1. Recently (or lately), I have been feeling tired.
2. Have you been preparing for job lately (or recently)?
1. Sub+has been+Verb+ing+since/for(time)
2. Sub+hasn’t been+Verb+ing+since/for(time)
If Sub= I, You, or Plural(बहुवचन):
1. Sub+have been+Verb+ing+since/for(time)
2. Sub+haven’t been+Verb+ing+since/for(time)
I have been teaching for ten years.
She has been writing a book since Monday.
The teacher has been giving them assignment for a week.
We have been talking to him for half an hour.
They have been working on this plan for years.
They have not been watching movies since afternoon.
She has not been singing a song since morning.
We have not been seeing anything unusual here.
The child has not been improving for past two years.
They have not been disobeying him since a long time.
Has he been looking at you for a while?
Have the people been tolerating injustice?
Why have you been trying this number for hours?
What have you been expecting from him?
Why has he been behaving so rudely with you?