Scientific (Botanical) Name is Acca sellowiana
The feijoa is the fruit of Acca sellowiana, an evergreen shrub or small tree, 1-7 m in height. It comes from the highlands of southern Brazil, parts of Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay and northern Argentina. They are also grown throughout Azerbaijan , Iran (Ramsar) , Georgia, Russia (Sochi) and New Zealand. The fruit is also called the ‘pineapple guava’ or ‘guavasteen’.
The feijoa fruit is rich in a number of minerals and vitamins. A cup of Feijoa fruit contains adequatecalories, calcium, copper, natural fats, iron, protein, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, zinc and Vitamin C.
Health Benefits Of Feijoa
1. Loaded With Vitamins And Minerals
2. Boon During Pregnancy
3. Rich In Fiber
4. Iodine Magic
5. Boosts Memory And Brain Function
6. Protects Against Free Radical Damage
7. Boosts Immunity And Offers Protection Against Common Cold
8. Offers Protection Against Several Cancers
9. Works Wonders On The Skin
10. Lowers Risk Of Depressive Disorders