Lime and lemon add refreshing zest to almost any drink which cleanse and enhance immune properties of your already healthy glass of juice.
Lemon, Lime Health Benefits :
1. Lemon being a citrus fruit, fights against infection.
2. It helps in production of WBC’s and antibodies in blood which attacks the invading microorganism and prevents infection.
3. Lemon is an antioxidant which deactivates the free radicals preventing many dangerous diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancers.
4. Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good cholesterol) .
5. Lemon juice is said to give a glow to the skin.
6. A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear the digestive system and purify liver as well.
7. Lemon juice is given to prevent or treat urinary tract infection and gonorrhea.
Nutritional in Lemon, Lime :
1. Vitamin A 20.0IU
2. Vitamin C 46.0mg
3. Vitamin B6 0.1mg
4. Calcium 7.0mg
5. Potassium 124mg
Preparation and serving tips :
1. Lemon slices/wedges are used to garnish salads.
2. Besides from their common usage as flavoring base in beverages or lemonade, they can also be used in confectionaries like pies, cakes, pastry dough, and marinades.
3. Its juice can be stored frozen for later use.
4. Dried preserved lemons are being employed as condiment in Persian cuisine.
5. Lemon/lime pickles are favorite side dishes in Middle East, India, Pakistan, Morocco, etc.
For Lemon (Lime) details in Hindi check here – Lemon In hindi