Lady’s finger, Oakra Health Benefits : Okra, also known as “lady’s finger”, or “bamia” is one of the popular nutritious vegetables of North-East African origin. The pods usually gathered while they are green, tender, and at immature stage. It benefits in Diabetes, Asthma, Constipation, Sun stroke, Colon cancer.
Nutritional in Lady’s finger, Oakra :
1. Energy 33 Kcal
2. Protein 2.0 g
3. Fat 0.1 g
4. Vitamin C 21.1 mg
5. Vitamin A 375 IU
6. Calcium 81 mg
Preparation and serving methods :
1. Okra pods are one of the widely used vegetables in tropical countries. Chopped, or sliced, they can be stewed or fried (fritters) under low heat oil in order to soften their mucilaginous texture. They then, can be mixed with other vegetables, rice, or meat.
2. In the Caribbean islands, okra is cooked and enjoyed in soup, often with fish.
3. The pods can be pickled and preserved like in other vegetables.
4. Tender okra leaves may be cooked in a similar manner as the greens of beets or dandelions. The leaves are also be eaten raw in salads.
5. Thick stew of lamb or beef and okra (bamiya) is a popular dish in Egypt and other middle eastern regions.
For Lady’s finger (Oakra) details in Hindi check here – Lady’s finger (Oakra) In Hindi